We are seeing a significant early spike in Flu cases plaguing our area. We want to remind everyone of some important facts pertaining to Influenza.
- If you are not feeling well, look for Influenza symptoms (fever, chills, malaise, muscle aches, cough, congestion, and headaches.)
- Go to your doctor if you are very ill but stay home as much as possible.
- More so than in the past, it would be wise to get tested to distinguish between COVID which could present in a similar manner. Treatment protocols are different so knowing what you have is important.
- Rest, fluids, and OTC meds will help. There are prescription meds for both COVID and Influenza, but they are most effective when given at the first sign of symptoms.
- It’s not too late for Flu and COVID vaccines and yes, they can be given safely at the same time for most individuals.
- Now that the Flu has arrived in earnest we recommend getting vaccinated as soon as possible.
Your IMA Provider is here to help you and is happy to answer any questions you may have.
Author: Brendan J. Mulholland, MD